Monday, February 22, 2010

Hopper Jubilation


What a day. Everyone knew this would be a hard Hopper and it did not disappoint. Thanks to all who helped at the start and finish. Thanks to all who donated so generously to the Dillon family. We will be donating a total of $1,725! This is huge. If you were unable to donate or forgot please do so. Also, sign up to keep up to date on his progress.
The start was much safer this year going up Coleman Valley. I must say this was a first for me; was just like a mountain bike race start, the difference being no hole-shot, no single track, no relief. Didn't help being dropped by 200 as I descended from the ladder, will have a different plan next time... :( Super stacked field. The whole Bissell crew decided the route suited their training needs as did the Colvita women's team. Congrats to Andrew, holding off B.J.M is big. A winter of training with Levi is showing some fine early results. Catherine Mattis dealt some serious woop ass too. Great to see so many women out, thanks for coming. My story is hardly worth telling so will save it for another time. Suffice it to say it was a day of survival and was on the rivet all day. Got a story to tell, send it our way. Have photos, post them to our Flicker site. Check out Veronica Lenzi's photos too.
Mig

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice work everyone. Except maybe for the motorpacers and private support vehicles. Leave it at home and bask the equality. That way I'll feel more sincerely inferior when I finish at the back of the pack.

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Ken R said...

If you ask me (nobody has BTW)then team cars and bottle feeds should be on the banned substances list. If you need it then carry it!

Great event! I might have whined at you when I chugged across the finish. What you don't know is that less than 2 minutes after that I had a big smile on my face and a contented feeling in my heart. Looking forward to the next adventure!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home